Monday, April 1, 2013

Joseph Goodman's Miami Heat

All day, I’ve searched and searched the worldwide web on a quest to find out about the thoughts and opinions that others had towards Lebron James and his impact on the NBA today. On my quest, I staggered upon a phenomenal blog, Miami Heat, which is run by Joseph Goodman.
Goodman covers the Miami Heat for the Miami Herald. He graduated from the University of Alabama-Birmingham with a degree in Journalism and English. He began working for the Herald in 2005 as a high school sports reporter in Boward County. Shortly after joining the Herald’s staff, Goodman was promoted to cover the Miami Heat. But enough about Goodman and more about why I feel he has an amazing blog.
Goodman has been operating this blog since December of 2005 and has made his blog one of the most visited blogs about the Miami Heat there is. The blog layout is very traditional being as though it is run from a web page of the Miami Herald newspaper. The page is very clear and precise and each function can be accessed very easily. Each gadget and advertisement surrounds the Miami Heat organization. You can purchase memorabilia and find out the latest news reports about the team from the gadgets on the page.
The content of each blog post is filled with great substance and analysis that can be respected because of Goodman’s connection to the team. Goodman’s does a phenomenal job of excluding his personal biasness onto his blog as he reports on positive and negative aspects of the team. I found this to be fascinating because when discussing sports its really hard to keep your own views out of the text but Goodman does a good job at hiding his own perceptions. Meaning he does not exxagerate because he is closely connected he delivers the whole truth to his audience.


In his post TRASH TALK GOLD: Lebron 'glad' he dunked on Jason Terry, Goodman highlights the incredible dunk on Lebron James over Jason Terry. I too mentioned the incredible dunk in one of my post, STREAK UPDATE !!!, but Goodman took a different approach than I. He provided the reaction of James, something that I should have done to show the actual importance of the dunk to James. Terry is known for trash talking players and Lebron has been one of the players who has admitted to being affected by the “smack talking”, so here him express his happiness about the dunk and who it was on, was something that I too should have mentioned. In my opinion, that was a job well done on the behalf of Goodman for the inside analysis on James’ feelings.

 I found this blog interesting because most of the blog topics were similar to things that I have blogged about. Goodman’s twist to the stories is also interesting because it opens up perspectives that I have never thought of. It was a pleasure to view the Goodman’s blog, Miami Heat and I hope that you all go visit the blog and enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment